Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Take it from the boys


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket
jakandjil, thesartorialist
Believe me, I absolutely love the fact that I was born female, giving me access to all the kookiness and bashful girliness fashion provides us with and the new trends season after season. That said, there is something I envy about being a guy. While women often labor over what dress to wear in the morning, how many to accessories to pile on (or maybe none at all?), and what color shoes won't make my short legs look stumpy, the boys never seem to sweat a single bead of perspiration. Some nice tailored slim pants, a crisp button-up, brogues, and out the door we go. Fashion fads are rarely agonized by men, who don't seem to desire the woman's seasonal change of warddrobe ritual and most of them wear the same pieces over and over, much more so than women. The Sartorialist's images have instilled a new sense of awe in me over the simple elegance of men's fashion and oddly enough, inspires me to create my own classic warddrobe, tailored and finely aged through and through.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home